For those of you interested in or working on animal law issues, we have a great new resource for you: HeinOnline’s Animal Studies: Law, Welfare and Rights.
Animal Studies provides a one-stop shop for a variety of material on animal law. From the resource description:
With titles from the Animal Legal Defense Fund and Animal Welfare Institute, this collection aims to establish the foundational laws pertaining to animals and follow the evolution of these rights throughout the years. It includes philosophical books dating back to the 1800s, videos, periodicals, brochures, and more.
A little more detail on what it contains:
- Decades of publications from the ALDF and AWI, including video
- A dozen periodicals dedicated to animal law
- A large set of scholarly articles pulled from Hein’s extensive Law Journal Library as well as a bibliography of animal law books.
- A bibliography of external links to research guides and centers/institutes focusing on animal law
- CFR titles 9 and 50
- Legislative histories and congressional hearings relating to laws concerning animals
Although some of this material was already available on Hein, much of it is new, and having it all compiled together should make it easier to use and find for those of you working in this area. We hope you find it useful!