Recently, we gave HLS students a list of some of our favorite items from Historical & Special Collections’ extensive holdings of rare books, early manuscripts, faculty papers, photographs, and art objects. We asked them to select their favorites, and the results are on view in the library’s Caspersen Room.
- Letter from Charles Evans Hughes to Learned Hand reminiscing about Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr..
- HLS student admission photos of several current HLS faculty.
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg Two Ways: 1957-1958 photograph of the Harvard Law Review Board of Editors featuring a young Ginsburg, and the 2012 RBG bobblehead.
- First edition of The Bluebook, 1926.
- Glanville, a 12th-century English legal treatise. Our copy was written on a parchment scroll around 1300.
The exhibit was curated by HSC staff members Karen Beck, Jane Kelly, Ed Moloy, Margaret Peachy, Mary Person, Lesley Schoenfeld … and all the HLS students who cast their votes! It will remain on view through summer 2015.
Be sure to check out highlights from Historical & Special Collections’ other exhibits over at Exhibit Addenda!