As previously mentioned, the Library is getting a new roof this year. This is very exciting news and will be wonderful when it is finished. Preparation for construction is in full swing at the north and south ends of Langdell Hall and Areeda Hall.
Because we expect there to be some noise, the research librarians will be summering at the Circulation Desk, around the corner nearest the Lemann Lounge. Bring us your research questions, challenging or mundane, and we will get them answered in this new location. We’ll be available our usual summer hours of Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm. After hours, check our Ask a Librarian site for frequently asked library and research questions with answers as well as additional ways to contact us.
A few more things to know about the roof project and noise mitigation efforts:
- Construction hours will generally be Monday through Saturday, 7am to 3pm, but may vary due to weather and other circumstances
- Over the summer most noise will occur over the Langdell North and South classrooms and Areeda Hall. We do not expect the Reading Room to be impacted during the summer.
- As there will be large cranes and equipment moving around, paths may periodically be blocked requiring the use of alternate routes.
- A limited number of noise-canceling headphones are available for check out at the Circulation Desk.
- Earplugs are available at both the circulation and reference desks.