HeinOnline has a new product that will interest anyone–law students and faculty, historians, political scientists–researching presidential commissions or the catastrophes, crises, and issues they have investigated.
Reports of U.S. Presidential Commissions and Other Advisory Bodies comprises an extensive listing of presidential advisory bodies from Andrew Jackson to Barack Obama. Content includes more than 6000 database entries, 1200 links to full text documents, and cover hundreds of subjects including AIDS, bioethics, chemical warfare, immigration, nuclear weapons, and many more. Documents in the collection include congressional hearings, books, scholarly articles, and links to external content.
The database will be updated at least twice a year to add new commissions as well as newly discovered documents from past administrations.
Highlights of commissions included in the collection include:
- President’s Commission on the Assassination of President John F. Kennedy (Warren Commission)
- President’s Commission on Campus Unrest
- Presidential Advisory Council on HIV/AIDS
- Presidential Commission on the Space Shuttle Challenger Accident
- Commission on the Intelligence Capabilities of the United States Regarding Weapons of Mass Destruction (Iraq Intelligence Commission)
- National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States (9/11 Commission)
- National Commission on the BP Deepwater
You can search the collection by keywords, president, commission subject, commission/author, and report title, as well as browse by president, commission name, commission subject, and report title.
For more information about using Reports of U.S. Presidential Commissions and Other Advisory Bodies, please check out the HeinOnline blog post or Ask a Librarian–we’ll be happy to help you get started on your research.